Thursday, May 13, 2010

Pauline from Bwaise

I just wanted to share with you a post written by 16-year-old Pauline, one of the girls in the Purse of Hope house in Bwaise. The girls were given journals to take notes on everything new that they saw on their trip to Kampala. Each one of them meticulously wrote everything new they saw at the super market, at the zoo...this is what Pauline wrote:

A Wonderful Tour Which I Had Never Had:

It was on the 6th of May our sisters from Gulu visited us. We were so happy on that day. We had never seen them with our eyes.

The next day we had a wonderful tour which enabled us to see great things. We visited Garden City, Nakumati super market - which was so big that we couldn't manage to walk around the whole super market. We also visited Uchumi super market where I saw orange fish which I had never seen and never knew existed. I also managed to see the tallest building in Kampala! I was so happy because I had never seen it before.

We also managed to visit the zoo in that we saw many animals, snakes, and birds, including crocodiles, zebra, a lion and lioness, big monkeys, hippos, and I also saw big snakes and birds - like crested crane, ostrich, and many others.