Friday, July 16, 2010

Every Child Has A Right to Play


Hi friends, My name is Stefanie Bammer and I am going to be interning in Gulu for Purse of Hope over the next 5 months. I am so excited and blessed for this amazing opportunity! While I will be taking part in various projects, my main focus will be on implementing a Play and Dance Therapy Program for the girls. After studying different forms of fine arts, we have found this type of therapy can be used as a healing tool to build self-esteem.

Play and Dance Therapy will allow the girls to creatively express themselves, through symbolism in a safe place in order to confront painful memories. Our heart behind this program is to create a place where the girls will have the ability to play, have fun, and just be a kid again. By incorporating elements of visual arts, photography, videoography, music, dance, drama, and sports this program will help promote social change and responsibility. The girls are so amazingly talented and I can’t wait to see this program unfolds!